Jobs & Opportunities
Have a look below to see our current jobs & opportunities. NN Contemporary Art is a contemporary art space set within the cultural quarter in the centre of Northampton. We work with artists at all stages of their careers to present an international programme of contemporary art and multi-disciplinary events.
NN is looking forward to an exciting future having joined Arts Council England’s National Portfolio of regularly funded organisations from April 2018. This, along with the ever-growing quality of the relationships that we have developed with our other strategic partners is a testament to all that we have been able to achieve and all that we aspire to deliver in the years ahead. We are now seeking out candidates with skills in the following areas to join our Board at this time:
- Commercial Business Development
- Property Development
- Commercial Project Management
- Human Resources
- Marketing & PR
We are actively seeking out individuals to join our Board who reflect the rich diversity of the communities of Northampton and our wider region
More generally, in addition to bringing skills in one or more of the above areas, you will:
- Have a passion for the arts and a commitment to NN and its role in the development of the arts in Northamptonshire.
- Be able to commit your direct involvement in the activities of NN.
- Commit to avoiding conflicts of interest. On those occasions when your own business or personal interests conflict with that of NN you will be required to declare your interest and take no part in the decision-making process.
- Be committed to accessibility and equality of opportunity for all.
- Have a proven ability to network, establish and maintain new and existing relationships.
- Agree to ensure that you are prepared for meetings and offer effective contribution as a Board member, this will involve taking the appropriate time to read the agenda papers in advance of meetings and delivering on agreed action points.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in being considered to join the Board of NN, please provide a copy of your most recent CV along with a covering letter outlining your reasons for applying and the skills that you feel you may be able to bring to the Board and to the organisation.
To discuss your application in advance of submission, please feel free to contact John Nicholls, one of our current Trustees, in the first instance via [email protected]
Applications should be sent preferably via email to [email protected]
NB: Please be sure to include the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form with your application.
Candidates wishing to submit applications in hard copy may do so to the following address, marked Board Membership Application:
Arts Quarter LLP
2 Raynsford Road
Northampton NN5 7HP
Are you based in Northamptonshire? We are continually looking for people for our ‘Artist Pool’ of creative practitioners to lead educational workshops and events with the gallery, on a freelance basis. If you think this is for you, please email your CV, covering letter and links to examples of workshops you have lead with two references to Emer Grant including “Artist Educators” in the subject heading.
We have a roster of technicians that we work with on an ad-hoc basis to assist with the production of our exhibitions and events. We are always looking to add people to this roster and are particularly keen to include people with AV and other technical specialisms. If you have a strong track record of working as a technician, please email your CV, covering letter including descriptions of your skills and projects worked on with two references to Emer Grant including “Technician Roster” in the subject heading.
NN Consulting Associates
We are currently widening our pool of associates for NN Consulting.
We seek to appoint specialists in the field of public art, community arts, project management, consultation and commissioning.
To join our associates’ list you must have:
• Understanding of the importance of the arts in a range of settings as well as the gallery environment
• Expertise in contemporary visual arts, projects, collaborations and partnerships
• Proven ability to provide effective advice and support on arts issues, or on processes that lead to great arts interventions.
We are particularly looking for people with experience and expertise in:
• Public art policies/statements and other planning documents
• Project management of development projects integrating arts and culture
• Advocacy for arts in regeneration and community settings
• Community engagement and consultation
• Arts improving commercial aspects of development
For more information about NN Consulting and to download the application form click here.
Please keep checking back for current jobs & opportunities.