NN is looking forward to an exciting future having joined Arts Council England’s National Portfolio of regularly funded organisations from April 2018. This, along with the ever-growing quality of the relationships that we have developed with our other strategic partners is a testament to all that we have been able to achieve and all that we aspire to deliver in the years ahead. We are now seeking out candidates with skills in the following areas to join our Board at this time:
- Financial Management & Control (to take up the position of Treasurer)
- Artistic Practice
- Commercial Business Development
- Property Management
- Human Resources
- Marketing & PR
We are actively seeking out individuals to join our Board who reflect the rich diversity of the communities of Northampton and our wider region
More generally, in addition to bringing skills in one or more of the above areas, you will:
- Have a passion for the arts and a commitment to NN and its role in the development of the arts in Northamptonshire.
- Be able to commit your direct involvement in the activities of NN.
- Commit to avoiding conflicts of interest. On those occasions when your own business or personal interests conflict with that of NN you will be required to declare your interest and take no part in the decision-making process.
- Be committed to accessibility and equality of opportunity for all.
- Have a proven ability to network, establish and maintain new and existing relationships.
- Agree to ensure that you are prepared for meetings and offer effective contribution as a Board member, this will involve taking the appropriate time to read the agenda papers in advance of meetings and delivering on agreed action points.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in being considered to join the Board of NN, please provide a copy of your most recent CV along with a covering letter outlining your reasons for applying and the skills that you feel you may be able to bring to the Board and to the organisation.
To discuss your application in advance of submission, please feel free to contact John Nicholls, one of our current Trustees, in the first instance via [email protected]
Deadline for the receipt of applications is 5pm on Monday 18 June 2018 and applications should be sent preferably via email to [email protected]
NB: Please be sure to include the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form with your application.
Candidates wishing to submit applications in hard copy may do so to the following address, marked Board Membership Application:
NN Contemporary Art, Number Nine, Guildhall Road Northampton, NN1 1DP, UK
Image: Lucy Suggate, Swarm Sculptures, 2016